James Lee Johnson

Default FS: Austin, TX - Electronic Junk

Most of this stuff is more interesting as parts for repair or
experimentation. Note especially, the Selectric I/O Writers which are
filled with electromechnical parts, relays, solenoids, switches, etc.

Garage Sale - Junque Electronique, Saturday, April 9, Austin, Texas

I'm cleaning out my closets and I've got lots of old computer and electronic
junk that has got to go. This stuff will only interest hobbyists and
tinkerers on a limited budget. Most items priced between 50 cents and $10.
All items are sold as is, but I will try my best to give honest
descriptions.

Items will be sold at a garage sale on Saturday, April 9 from 9 AM until 3
PM. Location is Trail Crest Circle at Knob Oak Lane in SW Austin. This sale
is in conjunction with the Travis Country Community Garage Sale, so if you
don't like my junk, there will be other garage sales to shop at.

For more information and the most recent item list, check he
http://home.earthlink.net/~jjhnsn/forsale.html

I will add more items between now and Saturday. I will try to answer
questions, but will have limited time before Saturday.

Thank you for your interest.

Here is a list of some of the items for sale. These will be priced from
$0.50 to $10.00. Check the website for an updated list.

Computer

Dell Inspiron Port Replicator II
Inspiron 7000 docking station.
Untested. Needs 20V,3.5A AC adapter (PA-4).
IBM Bezel trim for Thinkpad 760 series floppy
Plastic trim for UltraBay FDD.
New.
IBM Battery for Thinkpad 755 series laptops
Ni-MH, 3.5A @ 8.4V.
Condition unknown.
IBM Battery for Thinkpad 600 series laptops
Li-Ion, 3.2A @ 10.8V.
Condition unknown.
IBM Thinkpad Dock II Monitor Stand
Supports monitor above Thinkpad.
Bring Dock II station to test fit.
IBM Selectric I/O Writer in metal desk
Includes desk and schematics.
Not working. Bring PU truck and strong back.
IBM Selectric I/O Writer
Complete. External power supply.
Not working.
Kensington? Adjustable monitor arm
Heavy duty metal. Table clamp.
I used for small TV in office.
Lexmark Color Jetprinter 1000
Parallel port. Includes power cord.
Untested. Looks good. No ink cartridge to test.
PNY 128 MB PC133 SDRAM
Not for PC100.
New in package.
Viewsonic 17” Computer Monitor
Monitor and manual.
Missing red color when first on.

Home Office

AT&T 2 line speaker phone
Includes phone and manual.
Works.

Audio and Video

Hitachi Sam's Data for Hitachi TV
Sam's Photofact Technical Service Data
Mitsubishi User Guide for 20” color TV
Manual only.
Mitsubishi User Guide for 26” color TV
Manual only.
Mitsubishi Sam's Data for 26” Mits.TV
Sam's Photofact Technical Service Data
Mitsubishi MGA 20” color TV
Not working.
Mitsubishi Remote for TV and VCR
Works.
Mitsubishi Mini remote for TV
Works.
Mitsubishi 26” color TV
Not working.
Pioneer SX-50 Receiver Operating Manual
Manual only.
Pioneer CT-30 Cassette Player
Player and manual. Made in Japan.
Doesn't feed properly. Broken Dolby switch linkage.
Radio Shack Pair of vintage speakers.
Real walnut veneer. Fragile RS tweeters replaced with Olson Super Tweeters.
Some damage on back corners of cabinets.

Books and Tapes

MPR News from Lake Wobegon cassette tapes
4 60 minute cassette tapes in box.
Humorous.

Matthew Smith

James Lee Johnson wrote:
Most of this stuff is more interesting as parts for repair or
experimentation. Note especially, the Selectric I/O Writers which are
filled with electromechnical parts, relays, solenoids, switches, etc.

Garage Sale - Junque Electronique, Saturday, April 9, Austin, Texas

Ah to be in Texas, or even on the right continent... Those Selectrics
can be turned into the coolest printers ;-)

Bill Jeffrey

I worked for the company that made the original "Wizard of Avis".
Anybody remember those? The printers were IBM Selectrics,
computer-driven. The volume of business done by Avis and the Wizard was
so great that it just pounded those Selectrics into the ground in short
order. There was a service contract, of course, so I think we lost
money on that job ...

Bill

Matthew Smith wrote:
Those Selectrics can be turned into the coolest printers ;-)

James Lee Johnson

"Matthew Smith" wrote:
Ah to be in Texas, or even on the right continent... Those Selectrics can
be turned into the coolest printers ;-)

Matthew, you are in need of some serious therapy. I'll see if my doctor can
schedule you in :-)

Actually the Selectric I/O Writers ARE Selectric typewriters meant to be
printers. The really cool thing about the one built into the desk is that
the keyboard has been decoupled from the printer. It is still a real
Selectric keyboard but with sensing switches on the linkages. The printer
section has solenoids which drive the linkages that rotate and tilt the
Selectric golf ball. I always thought it would be a riot to make a
Selectric PC keyboard, with adjustable feel! But ... I'm better, now.

jj