Seb

Default TV Chassis gt8821 Trouble

Hi Guys,

I have a TV based on chassis gt8821.
When I switch power on, the relay RLY901 toggles on / off continously and
the led in front panel is blinking. But noting else, no image and no sound.

Someone has an idea?

Thanks a lot

Seb
Just Another Theremin Fan

When I switch power on, the relay RLY901 toggles on / off continously
and
the led in front panel is blinking. But noting else, no image and no

sound.
Someone has an idea?

Yes, jam a matchstick in the relay. This works every time.

Seb wrote:
I have a TV based on chassis gt8821.
When I switch power on, the relay RLY901 toggles on / off continously and
the led in front panel is blinking. But noting else, no image and no sound.

I think you have an Onwa chassis. No 2SC2335 there but a relay instead.
The power supply however was unchanged, so probably overvoltage
condition caused by small electrolytics, also the HOT may be blown.

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.
AshTray700

probably kicking back off due to excessive voltage or something to prevent
to much xrays, you may get it to come on by forcing relay closed but you
may zap a few parts also, check flyback and pink wire to tube for signs of
arcing. if all else fails just examin all to see if something has become
toast, if you are going to force relay on, i hook a lamp in a series with
it to take some of the current away from it, if bulb lights fully when tv
turned on , then u probly have a voltage regulator short, other wise if
the tv tries to power on and the bulb glows dimly you can try to hard wire
the relay, but disabling protective devices on a set is never a good idea