Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Bad OpAmp Spice Models?

I'm trying to make a list of OpAmp Spice models that either poorly
model power supply currents, or not at all.

Suggestions, hopefully with details of how they deviate from the real
device, would be appreciated.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 09:20:25 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

I'm trying to make a list of OpAmp Spice models that either poorly model
power supply currents, or not at all.

Suggestions, hopefully with details of how they deviate from the real
device, would be appreciated.

So, you're working on a model for the people who do the "connect a PNP
booster to the power supply pin" dodge?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 14:08:14 -0500, Tim Wescott
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 09:20:25 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

I'm trying to make a list of OpAmp Spice models that either poorly model
power supply currents, or not at all.

Suggestions, hopefully with details of how they deviate from the real
device, would be appreciated.

So, you're working on a model for the people who do the "connect a PNP
booster to the power supply pin" dodge?

Not specifically for that application. Just generally. Since that
seems a common complaint.

But I've done that very "dodge" myself. Early '70's, LDO with 2N2907
plus LM741 ;-)

Worked a peach EXCEPT I found out that not everyone's 741 was actually
the same circuit schematic... I was making hybrids at the time, 741 in
chip form.

...Jim Thompson