Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Default Cockcroft-Walton

I recall seeing a variation on a Cockcroft-Walton voltage multiplier
that used a pair of 74HC04's driving it two-phase, but surfing doesn't
get me back to it.

Anyone remember the link?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:

I recall seeing a variation on a Cockcroft-Walton voltage multiplier
that used a pair of 74HC04's driving it two-phase, but surfing doesn't
get me back to it.

Anyone remember the link?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Sure, we have a full wave 2 phase WC rectifier system in a vessel of
SF6 gas that generates ~3M volts.

Up to 10kV RMS @ 100Khz from a litz wire Pie transformer and by the
time it gets to the other end it can get to a few Million volts.

Oh, btw, since there is also a ripple of 100khz at the other end, we
use this ripple into a RF transformer where we can generate the heater
voltage for the filament. All of this is control via motors at the cold
end coupled to rheostats at the other end via delwin rod material.

since the first stage coupling and many of them afterwards are
capacitive coupled, the 74HC04 can serve to work the same way using
cap decoupling.

http://users.tm.net/lapointe/Cockcroft_Walton.htm

Replace the transformer output here with the output of the
74HC04

Jamie

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 14:06:03 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Cockcroft-Walton

Jim, possibly something like this is what you are looking for:

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Tw...WaltonPump.pdf

peter
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
news
I recall seeing a variation on a Cockcroft-Walton voltage multiplier
that used a pair of 74HC04's driving it two-phase, but surfing doesn't
get me back to it.

Anyone remember the link?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--

This one? ;~)
http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Tw...WaltonPump.pdf

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 14:20:20 -0800, "Artemus"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
news
I recall seeing a variation on a Cockcroft-Walton voltage multiplier
that used a pair of 74HC04's driving it two-phase, but surfing doesn't
get me back to it.

Anyone remember the link?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson