Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Power Supply Needed

I have +5V/1A available (wall wart).

I need +20V to +24V at 60mA.

Is there something I can buy off-the-shelf at not too outrageous an
expense?

Or is there some simple LT part I can use?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
I have +5V/1A available (wall wart).
I need +20V to +24V at 60mA.

Is there something I can buy off-the-shelf at not too outrageous an
expense?

I'm assuming you don't need DC isolation here. As such, how about
http://www.eta-usa.com/pdffiles/dcdc/oej-sc-wc0512.pdf (OEJ24SC0512 in
particular)? Mouser.Com has them for $20 -- as well as numerous variations
on the theme, of course.

---Joel

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 26/03/2011 9:19 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
I have +5V/1A available (wall wart).

I need +20V to +24V at 60mA.

Is there something I can buy off-the-shelf at not too outrageous an
expense?

Or is there some simple LT part I can use?

...Jim Thompson

This is a bit left field and assumes you have time to wait for delivery

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/90w-dig...wer-port-11937

with an appropriate value 5 - 10 watt resistor they also make a good
emergency battery charger.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 26/03/2011 9:19 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
I have +5V/1A available (wall wart).

I need +20V to +24V at 60mA.

Is there something I can buy off-the-shelf at not too outrageous an
expense?

Or is there some simple LT part I can use?

...Jim Thompson

This would be close for an LT part to use

LT1308A/LT1308B
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 16:38:04 -0700, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
I have +5V/1A available (wall wart).
I need +20V to +24V at 60mA.

Is there something I can buy off-the-shelf at not too outrageous an
expense?

I'm assuming you don't need DC isolation here. As such, how about
http://www.eta-usa.com/pdffiles/dcdc/oej-sc-wc0512.pdf (OEJ24SC0512 in
particular)? Mouser.Com has them for $20 -- as well as numerous variations
on the theme, of course.

---Joel

Looks perfect! But I'm puzzled over your saying no DC isolation and
the Mouser listing saying 500V "isolation". Not that I care. The
data sheet is vague.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

hi, how about ? : MC34063A

http://www.nomad.ee/micros/mc34063a/index.shtml

mark

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
I have +5V/1A available (wall wart).

I need +20V to +24V at 60mA.

Is there something I can buy off-the-shelf at not too outrageous an
expense?

Or is there some simple LT part I can use?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson
wrote:

I have +5V/1A available (wall wart).

I need +20V to +24V at 60mA.

Is there something I can buy off-the-shelf at not too outrageous an
expense?

DC-DC converter? Should cost a few dollars.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 18:42:34 +0930, "no one"
wrote:

hi, how about ? : MC34063A

http://www.nomad.ee/micros/mc34063a/index.shtml

mark

Cute!

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
I have +5V/1A available (wall wart).

I need +20V to +24V at 60mA.

Is there something I can buy off-the-shelf at not too outrageous an
expense?

Or is there some simple LT part I can use?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Nico Coesel wrote:
Jim Thompson

I have +5V/1A available (wall wart).

I need +20V to +24V at 60mA.

Is there something I can buy off-the-shelf at not too outrageous an
expense?

DC-DC converter? Should cost a few dollars.

I wonder if he means he wants the desired voltage to be adjustable;
if it's just a range in the spec, I'd say just buy a 20 or 24 volt
wallwart.

Cheers!
Rich