Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default General Instrument AY-3-xxxx - 1 attachment

Now I got a pair of ICs which I cannot identify nor did I find anything on
the net. They're from General Instrument, thats for shure. And they fit
their particular nomenclature like the infamous AY-3-8500 pong or AY-3-8910
sound chips.
But these are AY-5-9500 and AY-5-9118 respectively. Any ideas out there ?

Attached Thumbnails
General Instrument AY-3-xxxx - 1 attachment-ay-5-xxxx-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 20:33:00 GMT, Radioman
wrote:

Now I got a pair of ICs which I cannot identify nor did I find anything on
the net. They're from General Instrument, thats for shure. And they fit
their particular nomenclature like the infamous AY-3-8500 pong or AY-3-8910
sound chips.
But these are AY-5-9500 and AY-5-9118 respectively. Any ideas out there ?

Not sure what the 9118 is but maybe it's not really a GI chip ??

Found this though...

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/data...s-0017796.html

AY-5-9500
C-MOS Clock Generator
FEATURES

PIN CONFIGURATION 14 LEAD DUAL IN LINE
Top View
DESCRIPTION
The AY-5-9500 is a C-MOS circuit designed to generate the 2 phase
clock required by the AY-5-9100 series of Push Button Telephone
Dia"ers and the AY-5-9200 Repertory Dia"er circuit. It consists of an
RC OSCillator, a level shifter, a 2 phase clock generator and driver,
and a clocked D-type bistable. The RC oscillator is set by external
components to run at 36kHz and is normally operated from a -4 Volt
supply to minimize power consumption. The oscillator output is shifted
and used to drive the 2 phase clock generator. The D-type bistable is
either used as a Reset generator for the AY-5-9100 or AY-5-9200 or it
is used to drive a Cockroft-Walton voltage multiplier to generate the
nominal 15 Volt supply for the AY-5-9100 and AY-5-9200.
36KHz OUIPut
Oscillator Oscillator Oscillator
Data Input
a Output
aOutput
BLOCK DIAGRAM
This Material Copyrighted By Its Respective Manufacturer
AY-5-9500
ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS Maximum Ratings

Standard Conditions (unless otherwise noted)
Characierl.tlc Clock Output8 Frequency at pin 12 Frequency stability
Rise Time (T.)
Fall Time (T.) Width (Tw) Separation (Ts) Input leakage Output
Current-Logic 0 (High) Pin 2

Unlt8
kHz ns ns ns ns
Conditions
Vss Vas Vas Vas Vas Vas
0.5 0.5 O.S 0.5 0.5 0.8
nA mA mA mA rnA rnA rnA
tP1, tP3
Output Current-Logic "1" (Low) Pin 2 tP 1, tP 3

TIMING DIAGRAM
This Material Copyrighted By Its Respective Manufacturer
AY-5-9500
CLOCK OUTPUT
Fig. 1

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

boB K7IQ wrote in :

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/data...cans-0017796.h
tml

Sorry for late reply, but thanks.
Now this is a surprise, don't remember how this ended up in my grab bag ...

Identify LCD TMGG XXXX dgleeson422111 Electronics Repair 2 February 27th 08 02:22 PM
Instructoins for xxxx-Kenmore mm Home Repair 11 June 26th 06 05:17 AM
XXXX Termites Walter R. Home Repair 3 March 4th 06 07:31 PM
Logan taper attachment attachment John Hall Metalworking 6 November 2nd 03 06:42 PM