Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default UL1497 & UL1262A

Found these 2 chips in a B&W portable TV, Googling got me a Czech' data
sheet for the UL1497 which obviously I cannot decypher but the application
example shows it to be an audio amplifier. no hits on theUL1262A, but I
suspect it might be a timebase chip.

Any ideas where I can get English data sheets?

TIA.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"ian field" wrote in message
Found these 2 chips in a B&W portable TV, Googling got me a Czech' data
sheet for the UL1497 which obviously I cannot decypher but the application
example shows it to be an audio amplifier. no hits on theUL1262A, but I
suspect it might be a timebase chip.

Any ideas where I can get English data sheets?

This came up
http://oai.dtic.mil/oai/oai?verb=get...er= ADA063185

Given that the report date is 1978 and it is only a B&W set, how badly do
you want to fix it?? Must be a ploy to not pay any new taxes on the tele.

I looked at one of the Czech datasheets and tried to use Google translator.
Datasheet was posted as an image rather than text so wouldn't work. If you
have the time, you could re-type all the phrases into the translator...
http://translate.google.com

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Forgot the second chip. Leave off the 'a' suffix and you get
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...TC/UL1262.html
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Oppie" wrote in message
"ian field" wrote in message
Found these 2 chips in a B&W portable TV, Googling got me a Czech' data
sheet for the UL1497 which obviously I cannot decypher but the
application example shows it to be an audio amplifier. no hits on
theUL1262A, but I suspect it might be a timebase chip.

Any ideas where I can get English data sheets?

This came up
http://oai.dtic.mil/oai/oai?verb=get...er= ADA063185

Given that the report date is 1978 and it is only a B&W set, how badly do
you want to fix it?? Must be a ploy to not pay any new taxes on the tele.

Not really desperate to fix the set, one of the chips is clearly an audio
amp - the other is probably timebase.

The amp chip might come in handy for some low power project, I'll probably
bin the one I can't identify.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"ian field" wrote in message

"Oppie" wrote in message
"ian field" wrote in message
Found these 2 chips in a B&W portable TV, Googling got me a Czech' data
sheet for the UL1497 which obviously I cannot decypher but the
application example shows it to be an audio amplifier. no hits on
theUL1262A, but I suspect it might be a timebase chip.

Any ideas where I can get English data sheets?

This came up
http://oai.dtic.mil/oai/oai?verb=get...er= ADA063185

Given that the report date is 1978 and it is only a B&W set, how badly do
you want to fix it?? Must be a ploy to not pay any new taxes on the tele.

Not really desperate to fix the set, one of the chips is clearly an audio
amp - the other is probably timebase.

The amp chip might come in handy for some low power project, I'll probably
bin the one I can't identify.

Now I come to think of it, years ago Practical Television magazine published
an ingenious article how to convert a B&W portable into a UHF Band IV/V
spectrum analyser.

IIRC the luminace was switched by a comparator fed by the AGC and a ramp
derived from the line scan, so from the start of the horizontal sweep the
luminance is on until the scan derived (divided down) ramp exceeds the AGC
voltage, A 30V ramp is derived from the vertical sawtooth to sweep the
varicap tuner in a manner synchronised to the vertical deflection, so it
gives the classic spectrum analyser lines/peaks..

It occurred to me that if ever an unwanted B&W portable came my way I could
have a go at that, but if I can't identify the workings of the timebase chip
its a non-starter - anyway, we're losing the Band IV/V broadcasts at the
analogue switch off in about a years time.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

It's the synch separator and vertical, horizontal drive

"Oppie" wrote in message
Forgot the second chip. Leave off the 'a' suffix and you get
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...TC/UL1262.html

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Oppie" wrote in message
It's the synch separator and vertical, horizontal drive

Thanks - but I scrapped it anyway.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 20 May 2010 21:56:08 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

"ian field" wrote in message

"Oppie" wrote in message
"ian field" wrote in message
[...]

Really, Ian. If you want to identify the chips, just look at the signals
on the pins with a 'scope. It should not be hard to figure it out from
the waveforms.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

"ian field" wrote in message

[...]