Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default PIC16F877A-I/P question

I have two identical motor current sense circuits like the one shown'
MOT1 to MCU pin 7, and MOT2 to MCU pin 8.
The MOT1 circuit has no hysteresis with the most sensitive setting
giving about 0.6A trip point.
The MOT2 circuit has a lot of hysteresis with the most sensitive
setting giving about 1.2A trip point current increasing; does not "drop
out" until 0.75A.
This hysteresis is consistent: at same pot settings MOT1 trips at
4.1A and MOT2 trips at 10.5A dropping out at 6.2A.
Not MOT2 dropout is near, but higher than MOT1 trip point (always
when pot settings are same).
Is there something special about pin 8 that would deliver such an
unexpected result?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Isense.gif