DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronic Schematics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/)
-   -   Skype Video (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/288122-skype-video.html)

Jim Thompson September 26th 09 06:53 PM

Skype Video

Anyone with experience using Skype Video?

Is a dual-core processor really needed?

Camera recommendations?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Jamie September 26th 09 07:16 PM

Skype Video

Jim Thompson wrote:
Anyone with experience using Skype Video?

Is a dual-core processor really needed?

Camera recommendations?

...Jim Thompson

No, any current basic PC should run that.

Logitech works nice. But I've seen cheap
knock offs also work just fine for Skype

You may want to consider a good boom or
head set mic.

T[_2_] September 30th 09 05:11 AM

Skype Video

In article , To-Email-Use-
says...

Anyone with experience using Skype Video?

Is a dual-core processor really needed?

Camera recommendations?

...Jim Thompson

No it isn't needed. I have a Dell XPS M140 and I use it with a Sanyo
Xacti C40. I do need to run a video split program but other than that it
works just fine.

Jim Thompson October 1st 09 05:12 AM

Skype Video

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 00:11:41 -0400, T
wrote:

In article , To-Email-Use-
says...

Anyone with experience using Skype Video?

Is a dual-core processor really needed?

Camera recommendations?

...Jim Thompson

No it isn't needed. I have a Dell XPS M140 and I use it with a Sanyo
Xacti C40. I do need to run a video split program but other than that it
works just fine.

I got it running before I went out of town. The setups let you set
audio and video independently.

Now! Is the any way to send screen contents instead of camera output?

...Jim Thompson