Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Default Growth in Social Security Take

Anyone care to calculate the increase in how much social security is taken
from
your check from since its beginning?
It start at 1% of your first $3000
Now it's 15.3% of your first $106,400

Actual Rate
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/ProgData/taxRates.html

Maximum Taxable Earnings
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/COLA/cbb.html#Series

Inflation Calculator
http://www.dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm

Between 1937 and 2009, I calculate it as 36** times increase in the amount
government takes from you to pay for social security.

Oh and SS is going broke, But it can be fixed just take more money from us.

Please do the math and correct me.
Mike

** this includes Medicare which I'll argue is part of social security.