Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Faulty fader, rec.audio.pro thread

Demonstration a thread on re.audio.pro.

Gareth.

Attached Thumbnails
Faulty fader, rec.audio.pro thread-behrfader-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

gareth magennis wrote:

Demonstration a thread on re.audio.pro.

Gareth.

Yup. That's what I thought you meant but it doesn't happen if it's PCB
mounted.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 31 May 2008 17:33:55 +0100, gareth magennis wrote:

Demonstration a thread on re.audio.pro.

I'd have at least washed my hands and done my nails. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 31 May 2008 17:33:55 +0100, gareth magennis wrote:

Demonstration a thread on re.audio.pro.

I'd have at least washed my hands and done my nails. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

You should see the state of my PC keyboard. Power amps and rusty desks like
this take their toll.

Gareth.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 09:04:56 +0100, gareth magennis wrote:
"Rich Grise" wrote in message
On Sat, 31 May 2008 17:33:55 +0100, gareth magennis wrote:

Demonstration a thread on re.audio.pro.

I'd have at least washed my hands and done my nails. ;-)

You should see the state of my PC keyboard. Power amps and rusty desks
like this take their toll.

I recently had to wash my keyboard; We had just got a new mail server
installed on our LAN server/router/gateway box, and so I (as sysop) had to
let everybody in the place come into my office so they could enter their
new password.

They all complained that they couldn't read the keys because they were
so crudded up (well, they didn't say the "crudded up" part, but that's
why); I had neglected cleaning the keytops since I touch-type. Apparently,
not everybody knows how to touch-type!

So I took the keyboard to the shop sink, washed it with dish soap and
a brush - yes, I actually put the whole keyboard under the running
faucet! I blew it out with shop air, and hung it up to dry, while
using the spare keyboard.

Sucker looked, and worked, like new! And the local users were able
to see to enter their passwords. :-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

news
"Rich Grise" wrote in message
[...]

I can't believe you didn't do a final rinse in DI water! I think you will
find
water trapped between the mylar layers that carry the circuit traces within
the keyboard.

When these dry, you will have a mineral deposit.

You might remove the electronics next time and run the mechanical parts
in the sink. Remember to lubricate the large keys where the brace frame
is held.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 19:34:51 -0500, Lord Garth wrote:
"Rich Grise" wrote in message

I can't believe you didn't do a final rinse in DI water!

That's what the shop air was for. :-)

Although, you do have a good point, and the shop has a supply of
DI water - I'll remember that next time I need to wash a keyboard. :-)

Thanks,
Rich