DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronic Schematics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/)
-   -   Bulb types. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/249149-bulb-types.html)

ian field May 7th 08 04:18 PM

Bulb types.

Anyone know where I can find a specifications list for lamp types, eg: #327
etc?

TIA.

Eeyore May 7th 08 04:54 PM

Bulb types.

ian field wrote:

Anyone know where I can find a specifications list for lamp types, eg: #327
etc?

http://www.google.com/search?&q=%23327+lamp

Graham

Michael A. Terrell May 7th 08 05:17 PM

Bulb types.

http://www.cml-it.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi/home.html

http://www.cml-it.com/pdf/2-45.pdf

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Use any search engine other than Google till they stop polluting USENET
with porn and junk commercial SPAM

ian field May 7th 08 05:31 PM

Bulb types.

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Anyone know where I can find a specifications list for lamp types, eg:
etc?

http://www.google.com/search?&q=%23327+lamp

Graham

You obviously overlooked the "eg": and "etc".

ian field May 7th 08 05:36 PM

Bulb types.

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Anyone know where I can find a specifications list for lamp types, eg:
etc?

TIA.

http://www.cml-it.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi/home.html

http://www.cml-it.com/pdf/2-45.pdf

Thanks - are those industry standard numbers prefixed by that manufacturers
own letter code?

It would be handy to find an old archived list of lamp numbers to identify
the types listed in some of the circuits in the recently posted encyclopedia
of electronic circuits.

Michael A. Terrell May 7th 08 07:05 PM

Bulb types.

Anyone know where I can find a specifications list for lamp types, eg:
etc?

TIA.

http://www.cml-it.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi/home.html

http://www.cml-it.com/pdf/2-45.pdf

Thanks - are those industry standard numbers prefixed by that manufacturers
own letter code?

It would be handy to find an old archived list of lamp numbers to identify
the types listed in some of the circuits in the recently posted encyclopedia
of electronic circuits.

CML was called Chicago Miniature and they were the US standard for
lamps.

You might find this web page interesting:
http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/t.pl/library.html

Eeyore May 7th 08 10:39 PM

Bulb types.

ian field wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote

You might find this web page interesting:
http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/t.pl/library.html

Thanks.

Donsbulbs was one of the first hits in the google search I posted. A valuable
source of info.

The thing with google and any other search engine is that you have to persist in
burrowing down into the links. Expecting everything to come to light at the drop
of a hat doesn't work usually.

Graham

Rich Grise May 8th 08 02:42 AM

Bulb types.

On Wed, 07 May 2008 15:18:15 +0000, ian field wrote:

Anyone know where I can find a specifications list for lamp types, eg: #327
etc?

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...keywords=lamps

Mouser, Newark, or any of the usual suspects probably carry a line too.

Good Luck!
Rich

Michael A. Terrell May 8th 08 03:03 AM

Bulb types.

Rich Grise wrote:

On Wed, 07 May 2008 15:18:15 +0000, ian field wrote:

Anyone know where I can find a specifications list for lamp types, eg: #327
etc?

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...keywords=lamps

Mouser, Newark, or any of the usual suspects probably carry a line too.

Good Luck!
Rich

He asked for data, not the bulbs.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Eeyore May 8th 08 03:09 AM

Bulb types.

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Rich Grise wrote:

On Wed, 07 May 2008 15:18:15 +0000, ian field wrote:

Anyone know where I can find a specifications list for lamp types, eg: #327
etc?

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...keywords=lamps

Mouser, Newark, or any of the usual suspects probably carry a line too.

Good Luck!
Rich

He asked for data, not the bulbs.

Mouser and Newark have data too.

Graham

Michael A. Terrell May 8th 08 04:00 AM

Bulb types.

Eeyore wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Rich Grise wrote:

On Wed, 07 May 2008 15:18:15 +0000, ian field wrote:

Anyone know where I can find a specifications list for lamp types, eg: #327
etc?

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...keywords=lamps

Mouser, Newark, or any of the usual suspects probably carry a line too.

Good Luck!
Rich

He asked for data, not the bulbs.

Mouser and Newark have data too.

On current production lamps, only.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Dave M May 8th 08 04:48 AM

Bulb types.

On Wed, 07 May 2008 15:18:15 GMT, "ian field" wrote:

Anyone know where I can find a specifications list for lamp types, eg: #327
etc?

TIA.

You can download a pretty complete PDF catalog of the miniature lamps series
from http://www.sunraylighting.com/pdf/Catalog.pdf. It lists the lamp numbers ,
specs, base and bulb styles, etc. Pretty good reference.==============

Dave M

(remove all the "X"s)

legg May 8th 08 05:03 AM

Bulb types.

wrote:

Anyone know where I can find a specifications list for lamp types, eg: #327
etc?

http://www.mts.net/~william5/library/minilamp.htm

RL

ian field May 8th 08 02:57 PM

Bulb types.

ian field May 8th 08 02:59 PM

Bulb types.

"Dave M" wrote in message
On Wed, 07 May 2008 15:18:15 GMT, "ian field"

(remove all the "X"s)

Why? - The last sleeping pills I bought turned out to be hay fever tablets
in disguise (antihistamine) and didn't work!

ian field May 8th 08 03:02 PM

Bulb types.

Anyone know where I can find a specifications list for lamp types, eg:
etc?

Michael A. Terrell May 8th 08 10:12 PM

Bulb types.

ian field wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

CML was called Chicago Miniature and they were the US standard for
lamps.

You might find this web page interesting:
http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/t.pl/library.html

Thanks.

You're welcome.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Ross Herbert May 9th 08 11:42 AM

Bulb types.

On Wed, 07 May 2008 15:18:15 GMT, "ian field" wrote:

:Anyone know where I can find a specifications list for lamp types, eg: #327
:etc?
:
:TIA.
:

Didn't the incandescant bulb number system start with GE?

I don't know if this will help http://www.bulbs-elsc.com/

ian field May 9th 08 07:25 PM

Bulb types.

:Anyone know where I can find a specifications list for lamp types, eg:
:etc?
:
:TIA.
:

legg May 12th 08 05:50 PM

Bulb types.

wrote:

Anyone know where I can find a specifications list for lamp types, eg: #327
etc?

A bit late....

ANSI C78.391-2004 miniature lamps

http://www.nema.org/stds/c78-391.cfm

RL

ian field May 12th 08 06:50 PM

Bulb types.

Anyone know where I can find a specifications list for lamp types, eg:
etc?

A bit late....

ANSI C78.391-2004 miniature lamps

http://www.nema.org/stds/c78-391.cfm