DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronic Schematics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/)
-   -   Does anyone recognize this connector ? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/227048-does-anyone-recognize-connector.html)

Rod's SHAW December 23rd 07 03:19 AM

Does anyone recognize this connector ?

1 Attachment(s)

Tim Williams[_2_] December 23rd 07 06:42 AM

Does anyone recognize this connector ?

Looks like a dual 1/4" QC, but I don't know about the perforations.

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: A very philosophical monk.

"Rod's SHAW" wrote in message
.... and where would one go about finding one ?

-----

Michael[_5_] December 23rd 07 05:28 PM

"Rod's SHAW" wrote in message
... and where would one go about finding one ?

Yes, a double QC. Note that the perforations are punched - as opposed to
drilled - and the dimpling around each one. I suspect that the opposite side is
quite rough, like a cheese grater. That roughness would score the mating QC
upon insertion, scraping off any corrosion and thereby providing good electrical
contact.

As for where to buy one, I would search DigiKey first (because I have a
catalog).

---
Michael

default December 23rd 07 06:01 PM

Does anyone recognize this connector ?

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 03:19:25 GMT, "Rod's SHAW"
wrote:

... and where would one go about finding one ?

I would also say 1/4" quick connect. I would guess the rough looking
puncture holes are to make it stick in the female without working
loose. If you can get by with a pair of ordinary male 1/4" QC,
Walmart auto department will have them.

Don't know where to find that exact style - but there it is, so
someone makes it. Find some QC vendors and check the catalogs if
that's the only thing that will do.

Rich Grise December 24th 07 07:43 PM

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 03:19:25 +0000, Rod's SHAW wrote:

... and where would one go about finding one ?

Try googling "faston".

Good Luck!
Rich