DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronic Schematics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/)
-   -   MJL21194 chip & device (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/216750-mjl21194-chip-device.html)

Phil Allison October 7th 07 03:49 AM

MJL21194 chip & device

2 Attachment(s)

** For John Popelish

Motorola brand device comes from my collection of
TO3 pack " corpses " .....

- JPEGs taken only a few minutes ago.

...... Phil

Phil Allison October 7th 07 04:02 AM

MJL21194 chip & device

"Phil Allison"

** The device shown in my pics is a TO3 pack " MJ21194 ", a NPN device.

The " MJL21194 " is the plastic, flat pack version.

The chips used are exactly the same in both.

....... Phil

John Popelish October 7th 07 05:03 AM

MJL21194 chip & device

Phil Allison wrote:
** For John Popelish

Motorola brand device comes from my collection of
TO3 pack " corpses " .....

- JPEGs taken only a few minutes ago.

Thank you so much for these. I am beginning to suspect a
bit of hype in the "perforated Emitter technology" bragging.
Those look very similar to many other interdigitated power
transistor die I have seen. I would have thought
"perforations" would have involved holes.

Phil Allison October 7th 07 05:18 AM

MJL21194 chip & device

"John Popelish"
Phil Allison wrote:

** For John Popelish

Motorola brand device comes from my collection of
TO3 pack " corpses " .....

- JPEGs taken only a few minutes ago.

Thank you so much for these. I am beginning to suspect a bit of hype in
the "perforated Emitter technology" bragging. Those look very similar to
many other interdigitated power transistor die I have seen. I would have
thought "perforations" would have involved holes.

** Maybe they are hidden from view - or maybe there simply aren't any.

The phrase " Perforated Emitter technology " can allude to any number of
side developments that accompanied the original research.

...... Phil

Eeyore October 7th 07 08:28 AM

MJL21194 chip & device

John Popelish wrote:

Phil Allison wrote:
** For John Popelish

Motorola brand device comes from my collection of
TO3 pack " corpses " .....

- JPEGs taken only a few minutes ago.

Thank you so much for these. I am beginning to suspect a
bit of hype in the "perforated Emitter technology" bragging.
Those look very similar to many other interdigitated power
transistor die I have seen. I would have thought
"perforations" would have involved holes.

It sounds as if the process is similar to the 'mesh emitter' type.
http://europe.elecdesign.com/Files/3.../Figure_01.gif

Graham