Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Adcola - Adcola_001a.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
Adcola - Adcola_001a.jpg-adcola_001a-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Ross Herbert"

** See pic.

........ Phil

Attached Thumbnails
Adcola - Adcola_001a.jpg-adcola-16-w-004-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:53:15 +1000, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

"Ross Herbert"

** See pic.

....... Phil

Thanks Phil,

That Adcola is a certainly a look-alike externally but the handle
appears to be plastic one-piece and not two-piece bakelite as for the
M100 series. Can you tell me if the heater element in that one is the
same as the one on the pamphlet?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Phil Allison"

Thanks Phil,

That Adcola is a certainly a look-alike externally but the handle
appears to be plastic one-piece and not two-piece bakelite as for the
M100 series. Can you tell me if the heater element in that one is the
same as the one on the pamphlet?

** Not the same.

I used to own one of the earlier two part, dark red handle models - back
in 1966.

Huge improvement over my previous 40 watt Birko.

....... Phil

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 00:47:11 +1000, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

"Phil Allison"

Thanks Phil,

That Adcola is a certainly a look-alike externally but the handle
appears to be plastic one-piece and not two-piece bakelite as for

the
M100 series. Can you tell me if the heater element in that one is

the
same as the one on the pamphlet?

** Not the same.

I used to own one of the earlier two part, dark red handle models -

back
in 1966.

Now, if you still had that one, I'd grab it off you...

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Phil Allison wrote:

"Phil Allison"

Thanks Phil,

That Adcola is a certainly a look-alike externally but the handle
appears to be plastic one-piece and not two-piece bakelite as for the
M100 series. Can you tell me if the heater element in that one is the
same as the one on the pamphlet?

** Not the same.

I used to own one of the earlier two part, dark red handle models - back
in 1966.

Huge improvement over my previous 40 watt Birko.

I finally chucked away my old 15 watt Antex model C (a real soldering 'pencil'
if there ever was one) and 25 watt SOLON. They served me well.

Graham