DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronic Schematics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/)
-   -   Cleaning lady (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/215351-cleaning-lady.html)

Jim Thompson September 22nd 07 08:05 PM

Cleaning lady

My cleaning lady (Hispanic, but legal) called me Friday in such
hysterics I could barely understand her broken English, that she
wouldn't be there to clean my house....

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/97925

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Paul Hovnanian P.E. September 22nd 07 10:40 PM

Cleaning lady

Jim Thompson wrote:

My cleaning lady (Hispanic, but legal) called me Friday in such
hysterics I could barely understand her broken English, that she
wouldn't be there to clean my house....

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/97925

1. The butler did it.

2. Murder-suicide and then the dog got into the leftover Kool-Aide.

3. As long as your cleaning lady knows that mixing bleach and ammonia
doesn't make a super cleaner, you'll be OK.

--
Paul Hovnanian
The only tools one needs in life:

Richard The Dreaded Libertarian September 22nd 07 11:57 PM

Cleaning lady

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 14:40:11 -0700, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

My cleaning lady (Hispanic, but legal) called me Friday in such
hysterics I could barely understand her broken English, that she
wouldn't be there to clean my house....

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/97925

1. The butler did it.

2. Murder-suicide and then the dog got into the leftover Kool-Aide.

3. As long as your cleaning lady knows that mixing bleach and ammonia
doesn't make a super cleaner, you'll be OK.

I wonder if Jim intends to let her into the "safe room" with himself
and his blood relatives when the marauders show up.

Thanks!
Rich

John Ferrell September 23rd 07 01:55 PM

Cleaning lady

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 12:05:05 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

My cleaning lady (Hispanic, but legal) called me Friday in such
hysterics I could barely understand her broken English, that she
wouldn't be there to clean my house....

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/97925

...Jim Thompson

A couple of years ago a friend of mine who lives in a modern upscale
($$$) house was nearly killed by carbon monoxide leaking from gas
fired heating unit. Sometimes the risks of modern living are well
hidden. I think he now owns at least one CO detector of each type on
the market.

Your local Fire Department SHOULD be glad to stop by and check your
atmosphere. The device costs about $1300 and no fire department should
be without it!

John Ferrell W8CCW
"Life is easier if you learn to
plow around the stumps"

Jim Thompson September 23rd 07 03:56 PM

Cleaning lady

wrote:

My cleaning lady (Hispanic, but legal) called me Friday in such
hysterics I could barely understand her broken English, that she
wouldn't be there to clean my house....

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/97925

...Jim Thompson

A couple of years ago a friend of mine who lives in a modern upscale
($$$) house was nearly killed by carbon monoxide leaking from gas
fired heating unit. Sometimes the risks of modern living are well
hidden. I think he now owns at least one CO detector of each type on
the market.

Your local Fire Department SHOULD be glad to stop by and check your
atmosphere. The device costs about $1300 and no fire department should
be without it!

John Ferrell W8CCW
"Life is easier if you learn to
plow around the stumps"

(1) Heating? Our present lows have been mid-70's, with highs just shy
of 100.

(2) I live in an all-electric house.

...Jim Thompson