Pidgeonpost

Default Good quality under-cabinet downlighters anyone?

About a year ago I bought some surface-mounted 12-volt halogen downlighters
from a well known mail order company. There are 7 lights, and at any given
time 3 or 4 of the darned things aren't working. The problem appears to be
that the connector that the two-pronged bulb plugs into just isn't up to the
job of holding the bulb securely enough. If I remove and reseat the bulb (no
mean feat given that I wear variable focus glasses and have to stand on my
head to see what I'm doing!), they will work again for maybe an hour or a
day, or even a week, but eventually they die again. The supplier replaced
them with some of a different but equally crappy design. So, the question is
"Does anyone know of a supplier of good quality surface mounted cabinet
downlighters" please??
The thing that narks me about this is that I found some lights that looked
good quality but were a bit pricey. Sparky spoke to wifey saying "Nah! Don't
waste yer money - get these El Cheapo ones, they're just as good". So
muggins is living with the legacy!