Default Gas Shutoff Valve Location - In Wall Cavity?

Part of my kitchen remodel is moving the stove about 5 feet. There
will be a cabinet between the new location and the existing shutoff
valve, which sticks up through the floor a couple inches from the wall.
This prevents me from pushing the stove all of the way back.

Since I need to move the line anyway, is it permissable to have the
shutoff valve recessed within the wall? I understand newer ranges have
a cutout on the back to go around the valve, but since I will have the
wall open anyway, why not frame a box around the valve and not drywall
the front? I think I've seen plastic boxes that fit into a stud cavity
to do this, but on the floor behind the stove I really don't care how
it looks.