Marilyn & Bob

Default Toilet Help PART II

Fluidmaster has a flapper with a bucket on the back. The bucket has holes
in it for draining. When the toilet is flushed the weight of the water in
the bucket holds the flapper open until the water drains out of the holes.
The length of time this takes can be made longer by closing some of the
holes with supplied pegs. This flapper is part of an assembly which
includes a new flapper seat (which sticks on top of the old one), so it also
eliminates any flapper leaks caused by a poor seal between the flapper and
the seat.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"Mikepier" wrote in message
oups.com...
If you purchased an aftermarket flapper such as Fluidmaster, some of
them do not work well. In some cases you have to get the OEM flapper.
Thats what happened in my case. I had an Eljer toilet that would not
flush correctly with a Fluidmaster flapper. So I ordered a genuine
Eljer flapper online, and it works fine now.