Steve Peterson

Default Anyone know of good uses for old 2-liter bottles?

That rxn I can accept, but it certainly isn't what you listed first.

Steve

"George" George@least wrote in message

"Steve Peterson" wrote in message
hlink.net...

The first reaction isn't balanced, where did the O go? The explanation
says Al reacts with water; where is that reaction? No problem with the
second rxn, but it produces water, rather than reacting with it.

Read for understanding. Note the sodium tetrahydroxoaluminate product.
http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives...1850.Ch.r.html

Note also the amount of water bound in the chlorhydrate in the second.
That's a reaction, too.

Reactions with acids are slowed because of the self-protective coat of
oxide that makes aluminum so useful in exposure to the elements and
carbonic acid (Pepsi). That's why I said you wanted (K)(Na)OH for punch
in Hydrogen production.