its me

Default removing spot welds?

"HotRod" wrote in message
Have a few questions here

1) What is the best way to remove spot welds on a car fender? So that I
can remove the fender and affix a new skin? Canadian Sources?

2) Once the spot welds are remove can I get a "spot welder" to put them
back on? Is this a stand alone machine or something that would attach to
me Miller 175 Mig?

I use a spot weld hole saw made for this purpose. Most auto parts stores
have or can order this tool. Use this hole saw to cut thru the upper layer
of steel around spot weld and grind the spot weld off when you get the two
panels seperated. I use my MIG welder to do the spot welds. Mark your new
panel and drill 5/16" holes to weld thru to the old panel. Use weldable
primer before assembly.
Steve