Doctor Drivel

Default Home Temperature Control with Radiator Heat

"MRodger" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 90 year old brick & frame home in Canada. The house is heated
by a new, natural gas water boiler furnace with the original radiators.
I have installed a modern variable temperature thermostat that allows
for the temperature to be changed based on the time of day. I have the
temperature set to rise to 70 degrees when we are home & go to 60
degrees during the day & evening when we are out or asleep
respectively.

I have been told that it is more efficient from a wear & tear & cost
optimization perspective with a water/rad system to keep the
temperature at a constant degree setting, as opposed to chaning the
temperature throughout the day.

That is right. What you mean is a thermostat timer.

Can someone give me some advice?...particularly important since the
cost of natural gas is going through the rook this winter.