Rick

Default Chimney vent

On 17 Oct 2005 07:44:51 -0700, "Swift Half"
wrote:

Lets guess, the spare vent, is the one in your bedroom ? of is the
vent in your bedroom open to the boiler room somehow ?

The vent in the bedroom has next door's boiler's flue running up it.
This is the right-most vent as you look from our house. The middle one
has our boiler's flue and the left-most one has our woodburner. Our
boiler's flue enters the chimney higher up than next door's, so I
assume next door's flue runs horizontally through the middle vent to
get to the right-most one. I can only assume they've fixed up the
brickwork to keep the vents separated!

Now you know what the problem is, how do you fix it ?

I would think that next door should have their flue up their own vent,
unless there is an agreement in the deeds of the house.

Now this is IMHO a problem the vendor should have discolsed, and I
would imagine that a chat with your solicitor would be in order. In
any case the survey IMHO should have found this.

Rick