Dave Plowman (News)

Default Home Temperature Control with Radiator Heat

In article om,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
However, these only work (IIRC) if you have a two pipe system where
each rad is connected to the boiler flow and return. A single pipe
system where the rads are all in series would need some
modifications.

A single pipe the rads are in series but bypassed by the main single
pipe. Otherwise if you shut anyone rad down your shut the whole system
down... I can't see any reason why you can't fit TRVs to rads in a
single pipe system.

Ok. The only single pipe system I've come across was a large bore iron
barrel one with purely thermo circulation. No rads but just two 4" pipes
running across one wall at skirting level. And as far as I could see,
everything just run in 'series'.

--
*Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Dave Plowman London SW