Rick

Default Chimney vent

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:13:54 +0100, Chris Bacon
wrote:

Swift Half wrote:
We have a chimney block that has 6 individual chimneys in it, which is
shared with next door. In our bedroom (actually on the ground floor)
there's an airbrick into a chimney that I thought was disused. That is
until our neighbour's boiler started up and I realise that there is a
flue running up the chimney for next door's boiler.

I would venture to suggest that this is not acceptable. What would
happen, for instance, should you decide to install a fire?

What I would expect to find is 6 vents up one chinmey brest. each vent
should be sealed from each of the others, else you'd get smoke come
out upstaris when you light a fire downstairs. I would also expect to
find that the boiler has a metal flue liner.

I suspect that this is not what you will find in this case.

Rick