Alain Beguin

Default Philips Magnavox 8P6044 Problem

Vendetta a écrit/wrote/schreef le/on/op 17/10/2005 H. Ignaas ;
Just for starters, I have no knowledge about television repair at all.
When I am watching my television white oblects have a blue shadow. It
is like the screen is a bit hazy when there is a lot of white on the
screen and when there are really large white words on the screen you
can really see a blue glow around the borders of the words. Does
anyone have an idea of what my problem could be and how I can fix it?

Looks like a picture tube problem, very common with Philips/Magnavox
sets.

Try to reduce the contrast, maybe it will be better.
If you have no knowledge it would be better to ask a serviceman to have
a look at it :-)

--
Alain http://users.edpnet.be/albeguin/
MesNews Translators Team (Nederlands)