Chupo

Default Car radio falure? (very strange)

In article .com,
Porky says...
Hello Chupo. Perhaps with the colder weather, the faulty component is
taking longer to heat up?

It might be so, although I havent't noticed any difference when driving
during the sunny afternoon (20 deg C) and after the midnight (5-6 deg
C). And I haven't done any investigations yet. In fact I am going to
insert an another radio (I thing they both have the same interface)
since I have some more important problems to solve at the moment :-)

A suggestion - if your radio is mounted in a
wall cabinet,

LOL :-)))) No, I still don't have walls inside my _car_. Maybe I should
install the IRON wall :-)))) NHF :-)

take it out and see if it performs better with air
circulating around and through the vent holes in the back. If that is
not the case, remove the chssis from the cabinet and see if that helps.
Another thought - is it possible that the FM stations you listen to
have lower ouput at later times of the day?

It isn't.

Perhaps you could borrow
another FM radio to try when yours fades out.

Another LOL :-)) Are you assuming that was the only FM receiver I've
had? Anyway, I have tried to use an FM transmitter and haven't noticed
any difference.

I have heard that many people in your part of the world use tube
(valve) powered audio equipment.

ROTFL!! :-)) You are right, but these are mostly some audio freaks or
guitar players who like 3rd & 5th harmonics beeing distorted :-)) OK, I
have a tube radio from the year of 1956. but it is only an old memory.

Thanks for the help,

Best regards,

--
Chupo