John Stumbles

Default How to tell if CF card is faulty?

"bagal" wrote in message
Andy - have you ever used Gimp image processing software?

das B

Not sure why the above is addressed to Andy (unless my newsserver has missed
a/some message[s] in this thread) but maybe that's a response to the part of
my post where I asked:

"Andy Baxter" wrote in message
news
John Stumbles said:

... some of the later images are corrupt: typically they will
display OK in a thumbnail view but attempting to view at full size the

whole
image is momentarily displayed at reduced resolution but then a

portion
of
the image (starting at the left side) is replaced by blank or garbage

as
the
veiwer attempts to display it at full resolution. (I guess this is

related
to the format of jpeg images?)

I have tried view/editing them in the Gimp and still lose the
part-resolution part of the image. I don't know if there's some way I could
get the gimp to do the right thing with it if I knew how, or if I need some
way of messing with the jpeg format directly.