JWho

Default Inner Diameter of Hole Too Large for Press Fit

"Nick Hull" wrote in message
In article hQy4f.439523$x96.344304@attbi_s72,
"JWho" wrote:

.....The new tube can be inserted into the hole
without a press fit, but it does not rattle around. This is not a tight
enough fit. It has to be a press fit. I am hoping there is a tool to
reduce the inner diameter of the aluminum hole so that the new tube is a
tighter fit.

Why not expand the tube? Can you fit a #6 cap inside the tube?

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

Hi. The new tube is steel, and the piece with the hole is aluminum, so I
thought it would be easier to make the hole smaller. Sorry to be ignorant,
but I have no clue what a #6 cap is. The tubes are about 30mm or so in
diameter. The inner diamater is around 10mm or so. I'll have to check that
and report back.

I am going to take some pictures and some measurements of all the parts,
then make a post later. That may help to further explain all this.

Thank you.