JWho

Default Inner Diameter of Hole Too Large for Press Fit

"john" wrote in message

JWho wrote:

Hi. I have an aluminum piece with a hole. There was a tube pressed

into
that hole, but I pressed it out and want to install a different tube.

The
inner diameter of the hole is slightly larger than the new tube that I

want
to press fit into the hole. The new tube can be inserted into the hole
without a press fit, but it does not rattle around. This is not a tight
enough fit. It has to be a press fit. I am hoping there is a tool to
reduce the inner diameter of the aluminum hole so that the new tube is a
tighter fit. From searching around, it seems that I may need a knurling
tool. I have a 20 ton shop press, and I am hoping to find something

that I
can press through the hole to make it a smaller hole, causing a press

fit
for the new tube and aluminum piece.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Sorry to not list a real e-mail address, but it is to avoid spammers.

It is
goteverwhatyouneed at yahoo dot com.

Thank you very much.

Hit the thing a couple of times with a big hammer.

John

.... and not get to use my new shop press? :-)