Percival P. Cassidy

Default Looking for opinions on new garage door opener

Our iDrive is OK now, but it took a couple of calls and a wait of a week
or two to get the replacement parts (free under warranty) to get it to
work right. It's very quiet. No backup battery.

See the thread I started a while back about fluorescent lights and
Infra-Red devices.

Perce

On 10/16/05 08:47 pm Art tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

If you have a Wayne Dalton garage door store near you check out their
IDrive. Lowes has it too but WD store may be cheaper or install it for
free.

I need to replace my chamberlain chain drive. 1/2 HP is enough for my
metal 2 door garage door.

I want it to be quieter, so that means belt or screw. Don't have
preference to either. $200 is my spending limit. I want to be able to
get it from HD/Lowes/Sears. I've been pointed to:

Chamberlain Whisper Drive
Genie Excellerator

I assume the basic features (2 control, optical sensor, smooth
stop/reverse) are all the same. So I'm curious about little extras
(disabling remote, backup battery, etc). And just the general overall
quality of the unit.