Default doubling attic insulation - does it help?

I have a 5 year old house. I can't remember the R-value, but I know
I've got the yellow insulation batts in my attic. Its what is required
for code, no more I'm sure
The insulation has paper on 1 side (down), and nothing on the exposed
side (facing up) in the attic. I was wondering if I buy the white
insulation from H.Depot (higher R-value) and put it down ON TOP of the
yellow insulation. I don't think it will compress it much - the bats
are light. Perhaps that will provide me with $$ savings?

Thanks!
jason shohet