Art

Default Looking for opinions on new garage door opener

If you have a Wayne Dalton garage door store near you check out their
IDrive. Lowes has it too but WD store may be cheaper or install it for
free.

"ESM" wrote in message
m...
I need to replace my chamberlain chain drive. 1/2 HP is enough for my
metal 2 door garage door.

I want it to be quieter, so that means belt or screw. Don't have
preference to either. $200 is my spending limit. I want to be able to
get it from HD/Lowes/Sears. I've been pointed to:

Chamberlain Whisper Drive
Genie Excellerator

I assume the basic features (2 control, optical sensor, smooth
stop/reverse) are all the same. So I'm curious about little extras
(disabling remote, backup battery, etc). And just the general overall
quality of the unit.