mm

Default Furnace left soot on my walls

On 16 Oct 2005 08:44:12 -0700, "Stretch" wrote:

The soot may have been coming out the barometric damper.

Strangely, the first company, I think it was, had taped that shut..
He put some silver colored tape around the whole rim.

Technicians before him had ajusted the little counterweight a little,
or just left it alone. I couldn't understand why he was disabling a
part that the original installers (and manufacturers?) thought should
be there, and which is usually there.

I asked the service guy the next time, and he said it was fine that it
was taped up. I asked the next guy from the next company, and he
untaped it, but I don't know if that was just to make me happy,
because he perceived I wanted it this way, or because he agreed it
should be untaped, but didn't want to get into a discussion with me
where he tries to overrule an earlier tech.

And maybe he would have said something in a few minutes if I hadn't.

So, strangely, it was taped up I'm pretty sure when all the soot came
out., but I'm willing to believe.... Note to me: go look at the big
air input vent and finish this paragraph.

Stretch

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.