Adam

Default Western Electric 302--- dial tone issues

Thanks Bob!

And now with the advent of google archives, someone 65 years from now
will go to figure out why they can only get a momentary dial tone, and
find this thread and polish their silver!

Adam

Bob Shuman sent the following message on 10/16/2005 7:43 PM:
Thanks for sharing what you found. Glad you got it working. It should last
another 65 years now since it is a genuine WE Bell System phone.

Bob

"Adam" wrote in message

Many thanks for all of the advice! Now for the explanation of what went
wrong, how I found it.... and hopefully you guys won't take away my
engineering degree!

Story deleted