Larry Blanchard

Default Some Thought On Intelligent Design - WAS: OT Is George BushDrinking?

Fletis Humplebacker wrote:

I've answered that as well. I even posted links as to what led them
to their conclusions. In the case of the Cambrian Explosion the
evidence doesn't fit the long running assertions of natural outcome.

Says who? Below is a quote from a PBS (Horrors - Satan incarnate) website:

"The question of how so many immense changes occurred in such a short
time is one that stirs scientists. Why did many fundamentally different
body plans evolve so early and in such profusion? Some point to the
increase in oxygen that began around 700 million years ago, providing
fuel for movement and the evolution of more complex body structures.
Others propose that an extinction of life just before the Cambrian
opened up ecological roles, or "adaptive space," that the new forms
exploited. External, ecological factors like these were undoubtedly
important in creating the opportunity for the Cambrian explosion to occur.

Internal, genetic factors were also crucial. Recent research suggests
that the period prior to the Cambrian explosion saw the gradual
evolution of a "genetic tool kit" of genes that govern developmental
processes. Once assembled, this genetic tool kit enabled an
unprecedented period of evolutionary experimentation -- and competition.
Many forms seen in the fossil record of the Cambrian disappeared without
trace. Once the body plans that proved most successful came to dominate
the biosphere, evolution never had such a free hand again, and
evolutionary change was limited to relatively minor tinkering with the
body plans that already existed."

And there's also the view that many of the early multicelled animals
were softbodied and left little evidence of their existence. The
Burgess Shale is the only site I know of.

And I have trouble calling a change over 30,000,000 years an "explosion".