Default Some Thought On Intelligent Design - WAS: OT Is George BushDrinking?

Fletis Humplebacker wrote:

http://www.godandscience.org/evolution/locke.html

I strongly encourage the interested reader to check out that site.
Personally, I found the sections on

Chistian Theology
Aberrant Theology
and
"Inherit the Wind vs Scope Monkey Trial" (link is on the right margin)

to be especially illuminating.

The first big problem with evolution is that the fossil record increasingly does
not, honestly viewed, support it, a fact that famous Prof. Steven Jay Gould of
Harvard has described as "the trade secret of paleontology."

I'd really like to see a citation for that.

Evolutionary theory claims that there once existed a whole series of successive
forms of the various organisms alive today. These supposedly changed by
infinitesimal amounts with each generation as they evolved into the present
varieties, so the fossil record should show these gradual changes. But it doesn't.
Instead, it shows the sudden emergence of new species out of nowhere, fully
complete with all their characteristics and not changing over time.

First of all, is it your assertion that there are no examples of
transitional fossils in the fossil record?

Secondly, a pointed out beofore, it is a false Dichotomy to conclude
that a failure on the part fo slow mutation and natural selection to
account for a new species is support for ID. The situation you
describe, is well-addressed by macromutation theory, for example.

--

FF