The other Thomas Gardner

Default What does heat treatment cost?

Tom Gardner wrote:
"The other Thomas Gardner"
wrote in message ...
BLAHBLAHBLAH

Yeah, yeah. I know. Likely to just go on the heap with a bunch of other
brain turds I've had over the years. It's gettin' to be quite a pile.
I keep trying though. You'd think I'd have learned by now...

[SNIP]

Ok, why is your QCTP better, cheaper?

On this one, my goal is ``As good as the really good ones, but as cheap
as the cheapest of cheap ones.'' I *THINK* I know how to do that (or at
least come close).

Piston? Wedge?

Wedge.

Compatable?

Do you think I'm a moron? (Please, don't answer that.)

Yes, compatible is the plan.

Will you
have tool holders?

Indeed. Won't make no real $$ on those, I suspect, but I'm sure I have
to include them or nobody's gonna want the QCTP. Offer more as extras,
too, of course.

My short term goal is to make at least one cutter of the variety of
which I believe I'll need a bunch, and give it a go RSN. At least
use it to make some holder blanks (I could use some myself anyway).
Been through catalogs like crazy, and I ain't findin' exactly what I
want for the job. Not sure it matters, though: I don't think it will
be that terribly tough to make, and even if I did find it, I doubt
I'd want to pay what they'd be asking for it.

L8r,
tg.

--
To reply by mail, remove all lower case letters in my return address
).