john

Default Drilling holes Correcting mistakes in hole locations

Anthony wrote:

"Fred" wrote in
:

Drilling 1/4" holes on a 1/8" thick mild steel plate on a floor drill
press but a few of the holes were off. Try to corrected it on my drill
press to widen the holes with the same 1/4" drill bit the bid just
deflected from side pressure. I do not want to use a larger bit since
it will make the holes too large. I then try to corrected it with a
Dremel with one of those small cylindrical grinding stone attached to
a 1/8" shaft to get in the 1/4" hole but the grinding stone only
lasted about 10 seconds before disintegrated. So what is the right
tool/method just to widen those holes on one side?

A rattail file and a vice.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email

What is the best way to catch a rat to get its tail?
I already have plenty of vices.

John