Andy Dingley

Default I smashed my window. Urgent help/advice needed

On 16 Oct 2005 08:56:28 -0700, wrote:

All he needs is to go buy the right size of glass - measure very
carefully - and a tub of linseed putty.

We've no indication that the glass is held in by such "traditional"
means.

As the window frame has a "restrictor" and it's capable of dropping out
after removing just a couple of screws, I'm thinking this is some sort
of Velux-style hinge arrangement, not a traditional casement with
painted-over hinges you couldn't remove if you wanted to. So the glass
might be held in with mastic and a wooden bead, rubber filler strips, or
anything.