mike ring

Default diy trolley for heavy amp!

dave wrote in
news
I'd like to make a trolley to move a rather heavy (100lbs) bass guitar
amplifier around. The footprint is 24" x 14". I had in mind a beefy
chipboard base in a Dexian(sp) or aluminium angle frame with 4
spring-loaded or rubber wheels at the corners. I'm ok with the
chipboard! - but trouble is where to get the Dexian/al angle and
wheels? Any supplier details appreciated - as are there any better
suggestion (for the trolly that is :-) )

There was a very good construction material we useter use, it was square
section tube with corner, angle bits etc.

WE made bespoke monitor, tape m/c trolleys with it, but I'm buggered if I
can remember the name.

Perhaps someone can (cue Plowman..)

Oh, I got it - speedframe

http://www.dexion.co.uk/products/construckits/page.htm