Default New roof - what to install for antenna mast?

Roys advice is best unless for some reasion you have to place the
antenna in a special location if so the heavy capped pipe idea is good
just be sure it is well bolted to your 2x6s both at celing and roof
levels. you do not want it turning or wiggling around in the
flashing.

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 18:40:24 GMT, Dan_Musicant
wrote:

I'm having my roof completely removed and a new composite shingle roof
installed in a week. Right now I have one of my two TV antenna's masts
lashed to a vent that I'm going to have removed during the roofing job
(it isn't used). While the roof materials have been removed to the skip
sheathing I figure is the time to install something to which I can
either attach the antenna directly or attach the antenna's mast, which
is a standard antenna mast, about 8 feet long. A friend has suggested a
piece of galvanized pipe, capped at the top. Is this the best solution?
Thanks for any ideas.

Dan