frank1492

Default Beckett Oil Burner Shuts Off After 10 secs.

I have a GF who lives hours away and has returned home to
find only lukewarm tap water, a cold house (hydronic baseboard)
and a Beckett oil burner that will run for only a few seconds before
it shuts off. She has tried resetting it to no avail. She has detected
a small water leak (slight drip) which does not seem signiicant as she
describes it over the phone.
I realize that many things could be wrong, but is anything most
likely? I'd guess something in the safety mechanism is causing this
(low water pressure?), or that the burner is not getting oil, but I
just don't know.
Help much appreciated!!!!
Frank