RBM

Default Celing Fan Installation

Yes, unscrew the threaded shaft, cut the square tube to the desired length,
then from inside the tube, tap the end fitting out.(it comes out very
easily). Then tap the end fitting back into the new end, cut the threaded
shaft to desired length and you're good to go.
"H" wrote in message
I've looked at the 1100. I don't quite see how I can cut the brace. Both
ends seem to be pretty well crimped in. Have you un-crimped it and
reinstalled the business end of the brace to make it short?

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
Westinghouse makes a ceiling fan brace, model 1100 which will extend to
24
inches. I've had occasion where the beams were close and I just cut the
brace to whatever size I need. It works just fine. These are sold at Home
Depot

"H" wrote in message
Folks,

I need to install a ceiling fan in a very old house. I have installed
many
ceiling fans, but they have always been between joists that were 16" to
24"
apart.

The distance between the joists at the point that the ceiling fan is to

be
installed is 10".

Is anyone aware of a ceiling fan support device that can fit in that
space?
All the joist devices I can find are for 16" to 24" spaces.

Thanks.