Jmagerl

Default Looking for opinions on new garage door opener

IF you think screw drives are quiet, think again. I have owned 2 screw
drives and every winter they would souind like a machine gun until I lubed
them with the special grease. I now own a Chamberlain belt drive and the
only thing you hear are the wheels on the door rolling up. Nice.

"ESM" wrote in message
m...
I need to replace my chamberlain chain drive. 1/2 HP is enough for my
metal 2 door garage door.

I want it to be quieter, so that means belt or screw. Don't have
preference to either. $200 is my spending limit. I want to be able to
get it from HD/Lowes/Sears. I've been pointed to:

Chamberlain Whisper Drive
Genie Excellerator

I assume the basic features (2 control, optical sensor, smooth
stop/reverse) are all the same. So I'm curious about little extras
(disabling remote, backup battery, etc). And just the general overall
quality of the unit.