mm

Default side by side refridgerator freezer problem

On 16 Oct 2005 07:56:00 -0700, "backyard farmer"
wrote:

I have been researching a bit more. Glad there are a lot of resources
out there willing to assist. I am wondering now if it could be the
defrost timer.

For years, my mother had trouble with her Crosley? Refigerator Freezer
with automatic defrosting. Finally, the last year we had the thing,
I figured out that she was supposed to set the clock for what time it
was then, and the defrosting would happen at 3 or 4 in the morning.
Instead she kept setting the time for when she wanted it to defrost,
which was 3 or 4 in the morning. So I guess it defrosted at whatever
time she set the time.

It actually had heaters in the freezer walls to melt the frost, which
went to the pan at the bottom and evaporated, and this was made in
1957 or so. Worked fine except for that timing problem.

I will be checking the back side of the freezer, I
haven't pulled off any of the back panels to check the evaporator.
I'lll also take a look at the coils. I will also try something
described in one answer to a similar problem.....feel the compressor
outlet line....see if it is hot. I am not quite ready to call in for
the professionals yet.
By the way, the refridgerator is a Kenmore 25', made by Amana.
Thanks
Backyard Farmer

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.