evodawg

Default tiling problem - curved wall

Julie wrote:

Hi,
My bathroom has two wall joins that aren't at right angles to each
other and almost constitute a curved wall. A builder tiling my walls
has solved this problem by bringing both parts of a cut tile together
at the "curve" without using spacers. I don't see how this can be
grouted or sealed as there is virtually no spaces between the 2 pieces
of tile. Before I ask him to do this part over, this time using
spacers between the 2 pieces of tile, I need to feel confident that
what he is doing is wrong. He says he can seal the join with mastic or
other filler used over the top of the tiles, but this sounds messy and
against the tile/grout ethic!
I searched the group to see if this question had been asked before, but
couldn't find an answer.
Thanks and best wishes,
Julie

From my experience this is the way it's done. How wet will this area be? If
the joint is tight mastic will seal it. Or maybe a nonsanded grout should
work too.

Rich

--
"you can lead them to LINUX