SteveB

Default Building costs

"Al Moran" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 10:33:41 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

If you have no idea, how are you going to know if you are running below or
above projections? If you have no idea, how are you going to know when
the
contractor wants to charge you $1200 for $300 worth of lumber?

I have somewhat of an idea. Around 100,000.00 to 120,000. This is just
for the house and does not inlude septic, well and solar.

Do your homework. YOU need to know from analysis and cost projections YOU
do.

What if I build the house myself? How do I estimate what each square
foot should cost?

Figure out in advance the cost of everything you will use. Add 15%. Divide
by 1200.

Steve