Bjarte Runderheim

Default question and drive by gloat

"Alex" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a question about my new Vicmarc VL300 (that I bought for $1500
dollars from a world famous turner!) It's a 220v 2hp motor and I don't
have 22o wired in my shop. I bought a 30amp 220v circuit breaker,
wired both the black and white wire to the outlet using 12 gauge wire
and everything seems to be working fine, but I can actually stop the
lathe at low speed. It would seem that I should not be able to do
this. Any tips would be appreciated. BTW the wire run is only about
20 feet or so.

Congratulations on your Vic 300!
Mine is also going very slow on the lowest speed.
The book says 40 rpm, which is one turn every 1,5seconds,
but mine tics over (not entirely evenly) at a speed maybe
half of that, and I am sure the electronics can be set to 0
rpm as a bottom point if you so want.

I think that you have a fair setup, if the lathe otherwise
works within reasonable tolerances of what you'd expect,
I think all is well. (Well, maybe ekscept some wire-thickness
which I would not understand in the least, being european and
mm-user.)

I used to run a Record lathe, and apart from all other good
things about the Vic, I now enjoy listening to classical music
while turning:-) I SAID, I NOW LISTEN TO ... oh well,
they probably cannot hear me:-)

Bjarte