Bill Rubenstein

Default question and drive by gloat

Leo:

I guess that I missed part of the thread -- can somebody be specific
about what exactly the motor is? Is there a variable speed controller?
Is it AC or DC?

Bill

Leo Lichtman wrote:
"Bill Rubenstein" wrote: (clip) I assume that you do not have a vfd on the
motor and that it is a 2 hp single phase motor. A dumb question -- when
running at low speed are you running on the low speed pulley?
Listen to Bill, Alex--he is the current US distributor of Stubby lathes,
which use a single phase 220v power supply to run a variable speed 3 phase
drive. he is the DESIGNER of that drive on the current US Stubby model.

Bill, let me point out that the OP has stated that he is NOT using the
lowest speed pulley combination, so your advice to step down the drive ratio
may be the only advice needed. I believe he has also stated that it IS a
variable speed drive, but was not specific as to the type. Some of them,
particularly the ones that use a DC motor, become wimpy at low speed.